Have you created a Mailbox and tested this can connect to your mail server? - This is found in the Inbound E-Mail Section
On the mappings we map the following on creation:
Subject to Title
Body to Description
Subject to Title
Body to Description
Subect to Title
Attachment to Attach Document
Is your Inbound Mail Service Running and Polling your Mail Server?
The person sending the e-mail, is their e-mail address set against a user, as it uses this for the Raise User.
Polling is working, I can see that in the logs. Using OWA I can log into the account. I had to allow IMAP/POP on the account. Once that happened I stopped getting any errors. I am doing just on creation, no updates as the source is a web page, each is unique, no updates and no attachments. I see that you don't map out the Raiseuser so that must happen automatically. Kind of looks like it should be working.
When I send the e-mail from an administrator:
The system was unable to carry out the requested Action 'Create'.
Didn't play with creation of IPC's, only have updates configured, but got two questions:
- check if in first status of process You have "create" action to create new ipc
- check keywords in email subject,
I a using my standard incident process so I know it works.
"Check keywords", I don't have create or update in the subject. I didn't see anywhere that it is required. I also just assumed it would create if nothing else is found. Surely you don't have to start it with "Create" do you?
Error initialising data object of class type 'IncidentManagement.Incident' with lifecycle 'NewProcess11111' and object template 'NewTemplate7'. This lifecycle and object template combination is invalid.
NewProcess11111 and NewTemplate7 don't exist in my system and I don't see those in my "Mapping" screen where I select the process and template.
This all seems much harder than it needs to be.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
All the landesk table / object has a name and a title field. Tee one is displayed is the nice name you gave it and see when you use Console, so the process name and template name, but these are not used inside the app, the other one, the unfriendly auto generated title, is. I forget which way round it is.
So NewProcess1111 is just the really for one of your nicely named processes, and the same for the template, but you need to figure out which one.
You can lookup in the database. Process I seem to remember is lc_lifecycle_description, and the template one has form in the name, starting with either lc or md. Check with support if you can't find it. I;ll check back later to see if you figured it out.
Obviously you can also check your mail setup and make sure that the template you have specified does indeed have that process set to be its partner.
select lc_title, lc_name fromlc_object_template
select lc_title, lc_name from lc_lifecycle_description
I never knew that about the titles.
"Obviously you can also check your mail setup and make sure that the template you have specified does indeed have that process set to be its partner."
Because I suspected my template, I created a new one and you had the exact answer, I forgot to assign it to a process.
Now I am back at my initial problem....
"You are not a valid user of the system."
My account has administrator access and I am not a "Valid User". That feels like a permissions issue but admins are supposed to have complete access. My end users get the same message so I assumed it was permissions and would look at it later. But with my account getting te same error now, must be something else.
Make sure that the e-mail address you are sending the e-mail from, is set against a valid user in LANDESK.
I sent the e-mail from my (admin) account, my 1st e-mail were from an end user account.
I tried it again and this time I get the error:
The system was unable to carry out the requested Action 'Create' .
I had assumed that a required attribute was missing which is why I created the new template. I filled in everything but the RaiseUser and still get the error. Does it matter that I am sending HTML e-mail? I would hope not.
I may have missed it.. but is the process you are using is activated? Also, restart your background, inbound and outbound just for safe measures.
Typically all you need to do for mail is get your mappings created, create your inbound box, test to verify if connects through console and start those 3 services.
Well, after a 4 hour adventure with support it turned out to be a bunch of issues:
- Old databases had an issue where the Incident object's Customer and Company, and Process'es RaiseUser needed the "Filter Selectors standard configurations" collection uncheck all options.
- My RaiseUser on Process had 99 filters due to an old glitch so we removed them.
- My process had a single Assignment that didn't have a title. Console and webaccess worked fine but Mail blew up
- Then had to do an IISRESET on bother servers and a restart of the service
- Then we had to remove a test Contact that I created with my e-mail address because Contacts don't work with mail unless they have a Primary Group.
- Then we had to change the e-mail address of a second Contact test account again with my e-mail address
- Finally it worked
Both Chuck and Martyn worked hard to fix the issue so a big Thanks to them