3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 9:17 AM by jasonjmitchell

User\Group management between AOD and LDMS

ggrassart Apprentice

Hi,

do you know if it's possible to create a group on AOD and Assign it to a LANDesk Role?

If i use a LANDesk user, i will not modify Rigth into AOD console. In LANdesk console i have juste View and Edit Right.

i would like a landesk user can have access to AOD but only to one directory.

do you have any information on how to?

• 1. Re: User\Group management between AOD and LDMS
          jasonjmitchell Employee

Are you saying you would like to be able to configure rights for LDMS users in AOD?

Users who log into AOD from LDMS can only be managed in LDMS. You can create new AOD only users and give them any rights you want, but we can't tie the two account together.

• 2. Re: User\Group management between AOD and LDMS
            ggrassart Apprentice

for example,

i have a Poland support in a compagny.

they have an access on LDMS.

i want Poland support have an access on LDMO but only on Poland directory.

i'm obligate to create Poland user in AOD it's right?  if it's right i don't have any need to give right in LANDesk? i can to be a LDMO user and a non user LANDesk?

it will be cool if we can create Scope like in LANDesk from LANDesk directly.

• 3. Re: User\Group management between AOD and LDMS
              jasonjmitchell Employee

You can create a Poland smart folder in AOD. Then you can change the home of the Poland administrator to that new directory. That user will only be able to create profiles and assign them to folders that he/she can see. One caveat to this is that if he/she assigns by AD groups, they will be able to assign their local profiles to anyone in AD. There is no way to scope AD assignments right now.