4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 2:33 PM by MrGadget

Alerting Email Variables Question?

MrGadget Expert

I have Landesk 9.5 no sp1

I finally got the email to send a email but I have %D in the subject, %N, %S, %T in the body and they work fine.

On the Landing Page in the Varables Doc it says you can use others. If I add even 1 more item in the body none of them work. In other words they then come out in the Email as %N, %S, %T not as the item that the variable represents.

I also have left out one of the 3 variables and tryed %%node% but that doesn't work at all.

Anyone out there use Email in their alerts and more then this 3 varibles?

• 1. Re: Alerting Email Variables Question?
          Truffles SupportEmployee

Hello,

There was an issue some time ago (and it should be resolved in 9.5 SP1) where if you left a carriage return or space at the end of the body it had trouble parsing the XML and resulted in problems sending emails. Outside of that the document in the community on using custom alert variables should still work...however as it states not all variables work for every alert. Only the pre-defined ones work for all alerts. I haven't walked through the document in a couple of years though but alerting/monitoring in general has remained the same.

Also, make sure if you have multiple email configurations that they are all the same...aka...if you changed the Extended/Non-Extended settings then it needs to be done to each action.

• 2. Re: Alerting Email Variables Question?
            MrGadget Expert

Thanks for your answer. I guess not to many use the alerting.

I set up a alert for Disk space and in the action there is a blank (default *), for instance. Do you know what the instance is?

The reason I asked we have multiple partitions designated qas drives and I'm get reports on the small partitions (d drive) which I don't want, just c drive.

• 3. Re: Alerting Email Variables Question?
              Truffles SupportEmployee

Yes. If you put your mouse on the question mark in the lower right corner (don't click) it will give you some examples of the options for instance and allow you to specify which drives you want to monitor.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Alerting Email Variables Question?
                MrGadget Expert

Thanks that worked. I had tryed clicking the ? but it goes to a web url that does not contain the help file. I guess Landesk is aware of that.