5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2013 4:35 AM by Rogersh

Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window

Rogersh Apprentice

Hi,

I'm in the process of designing some new processes within a new module which has not yet been developed.  It is a clone of our virtually empty change module.

I have created my processes and so far all windows/processes etc.. have created and are currently under testing, however I have been asked to create an e-mail notification from one of the new processes.  I set up a notification window with all the required fields, added it to the process in the way I would within our incident module, however the Is Active? attribute is greyed out and will not tick.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Hayley

• 1. Re: Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Hayley,

the "Is active" is a built in attribute that is set to true and mandatory by default. The background engine is looking for all reminders that are active and creates finally the notification in the database. If the mail is created, the "Is active" Flag is set to false so it wouldn't be processed by the background engine again. Why do you want to modify this?

Regards

Christian

• 2. Re: Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window
            Rogersh Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I think you may have misunderstood my issue - or maybe I haven't explained very well.

In my database when you add the Add notification automatic action into a process you have to tick the is active flag in order to make the notification work.  As discovered during previous development, If you don't tick the is active flag on your process diagram then the notification doesn't process as you described above.

Thanks.,

Hayley

• 3. Re: Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

I don't think you have to set the flag manually but you have to schedule the sent date in the past and the flag should be active automatically. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I think we never set the flag by hand in order to work. Give it a try...

Cheers

Christian

• 4. Re: Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window
                dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I concur - don't set the active flag, that is done when the actual reminder is created.  Do set the date and a calculation for utc now is the best to use (IMHO)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Unable to tick 'Is Active' on notification window
                  Rogersh Apprentice

Thanks for the advice - I went for it and it seems to be working.

No sure why my incident module is different to this new one - unless it's a throw back from previous versions/upgrade but obviously knowing that I have to tick the box on my incident process to make it work meant I hadn't gone any further with this one and hadn't actually tested it!

Anyway - all appears to be working fine now. 

Thanks for the advice re date - I usually use UTC calculation, however this notification was different, future dated dependent on attributes selected on a previous window so different calc required in this case.

Thanks again

Hayley