I was able to see a problem with creating new enrollments and we are currently investigating this.
The issue should be resolved on AOD now. There will also be a hotfix applied to address the issue which caused this later today.
Hello to everybody,
I'm having similar problems at my side.
We are in the process of migrating to AoD from LANDesk legacy MDM. We have a mix
of Galaxy Tabs and iPads. We need to go live with AoD as soon as possible. I'm posting
my experience here in the hope to push for a solution and to support the work
and the escalation to the official LANDesk support that my System Integrator is already
- 5/12 01:00PM to 17:00PM CET: legacy MDM shutdown. Upgrade of the Core Server to latest
service packs and interim fixes. Connection of AoD to the Core Server. Tests were all ok.
- 5/12 17:00PM to 11:00PM CET: we started to work with Avalanche, to understand the console,
to enroll devices, to create payloads, to create policies, to push policies. With the exception
of some minor bugs we found on the web console, all core features were ok.
- 6/12 08:00AM to 10:00AM CET: we started to create our smart-folder structure and enrollment-ids.
The system still appeared to be in good shape.
- 6/12 10:00AM to 22:00PM CET: impossible to enroll any new device with any recently created
enrollment-ids. Any attempts both with Android and iOS aborted with an "Invalid Enrollment-ID".
- 7/12 06:00AM to now CET: enrollment of iOS is ok. I see my iPad in the Avalanche inventory
but no policy has been applied. So, I can enroll iPads but I'm not having any policies pushed
to them. Galaxy Tab still cannot enroll, now with a generic "Registration Failed".
Any feedback will be greatly apprecated.
Thank you in advance.
Are you assigning profiles by folders or AD containers? If you look at your ipad's device details. Does it show the intented profiles assigned to your device?
Are you using the same enrollment rule as you used for ios? Is it a group enrollment or LDAP enrollment?
The hot patch has been applied. Note that it may take several minutes for enrollment rules to be deployed to device servers.
thank you for the feedback.
- "Are you assigning profiles by folders or AD containers?" I'm trying with both. I'm doing my
troubleshooting with a simplified configuration: one smart-folder, one AD-Group and one LDAP
enrollment-id associated to my smart-folder. Two payloads, the one for iOS and the second
for Android. One policy, containing both my payloads.
Test1: the policy is assigned to the smart-folder. I do the LDAP enrollment: ok. I wait for the policy
to arrive to the iPad, even for an hour or an hour and half. Nothing.
Test2: the policy is assigned to the AD-Group. The same. Enrollment ok but no policy.
- "If you look at your ipad's device details, does it show the intented profiles assigned to your device?" No,
it doesn't. I only see the enrollment profile, Wavelink MDM.
- "Are you using the same enrollment rule as you used for ios?" Yes, exactly the same.
- "Is it a group enrollment or LDAP enrollment?" It's LDAP.
- "Note that it may take several minutes for enrollment rules to be deployed". Jason, I am waiting far much more
than several minutes.
Testing connection with LDMS Core Server and LDAP account is ok for both. Just tested.
Thank you very much.