9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 11:07 AM by mrspike

LANDesk Software Issue.

Rookie

Hi,

I have issue in LANDesk (LDMS) i can't able to push the Software to client machine it’s going to pending status or Active but is not getting Install any software's. Please help me this & please find the attachment for Error.

• 1. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
          fifo Apprentice

Hi,

could be that some previous instalation didn't finish for those machines?

What settings for "Client queue options" do you have in your package?

• 2. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
            Rookie

HI,

As per the previous installtions has not yet complited hence the same has been deleted and have cleared the Queue, Now we have updated a new file installtion but it is throwing the below error. Pl let us know if there is any other way of installation or we need to have solution for the below Error.LDMS1.jpg

• 3. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
              fifo Apprentice

There is more info needed..

1. what delivery method are you using?

2. Didn't you set theese packages to be delivered as Policy via LaunchPad/ Portal ?

• 4. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                Rookie

I am just pushing only One exe file (Software) to 5 Client Machine it’s not getting install.

We are not using any Policy.

• 5. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                  MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Policy made available to client means either the delivery method you are using is a Policy (Policy is a type of delivery method). Or you are using a policy supported push (the default normally) and for whatever reason the client does not accept the push so the task switches to a policy.

Either way, for something to be set to 'made available', you are using a policy.

As a test, try editing the properties of that task and switch it to something like Push - Standard Push Distribution

This means it will not fail over to a policy and will tell you what it believes the issue is.

Also, if you manually run policy.sync.exe on the client, does it begin to install the package?

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landesk.marxtar.co.uk

LANDesk Expert Solution Provider

The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements

- Wake-On-WAN - Distributed Wake-On-LAN, Scheduled Power Down, and SWDist Sequencing

- State Notifier - Real-Time Device & User State Inventory Updating & Alerting

Update - New Stand-Alone State Notifier Console for Service Desk Operators

Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states

Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality

• 6. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                    mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Aqeel,

Right click on the task > properties

In there you will see "Delivery Method", you need to set a delivery method when you create a task otherwise it will default to one that might not be what you need

• 7. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                      Rookie

Hi,

We have keep the same policy in (Scheduled Task Properties) but still not working. If you can take Remote Control like (2pm to 9pm Timing) that is good for us.

LDMS3.JPGLDMS4.JPG

• 8. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                        Rookie

Hi Team,

I try with different way to install the Software to client manchine but still same issue. Can we have quick solution...

LDMS 01.JPG

LDMS 02.JPG

• 9. Re: LANDesk Software Issue.
                          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Aqeel,

Just so you know, both Mark and I are fellow users, though I think Mark is also re-seller and not LANDesk employees.  We cannot remote control into your systems.   We are MVP's (volunteer helpers) here on the forum but do not have any special powers.. etc..

I am in the middle of a project that is due so I will not be able to help troubleshoot this until next week, I would suggest that you contact LANDesk support via phone or put a ticket in on-line if you have a support agreement.

Mark, or others might be able to assist you more if not.