2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 8:02 AM by jjanoski

Cancel a delayed reboot?

Rookie

I've got the following scenario: i put a patch into autofix, it goes out to a machine, user gets a popup to reboot now or delay for 8 hours. they click delay for 8 hours and call me and say they're 18 hours through a 30 hour process and rebooting will force them to start back at hour 0. I'm wondering if it's possible to cancel the 8 hour reboot timer?

does landesk have its own timer and then sends a command to reboot once the timer expires? or does LANDesk send a windows shutdown command like "shutdown -r -t 28800" and "shutdown -a" will end that? or does a task get kicked off to do the reboot and i cant kill the task in process manager?

• 1. Re: Cancel a delayed reboot?
          Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

The delayed reboot is setup as a LANDesk local scheduler task.You can see it by running the command below on the client

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient>localsch /tasks |more

Below is what mine looked like when testing

11: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Vulscan.exe /rebootIfNeeded /snooze

Count=2 /agentbehavior=V95CORE_v866 /showui=false

handle    : 559

start     : Thu Dec 19 12:44:25 2013

frequency : 0

Filter 1  : Volatile

To delete this task I need to run the command below on the client to remove the task. The only issue may be the handle number (which is called the taskid for the command line) may be different per computer if you need to do this one more than one PC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient>localsch /del /tasked=559

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cancel a delayed reboot?
            Rookie

This info is very helpful. Thank you for posting, alex.