2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 3:10 PM by brobotham

IP for device is incorrect in All Devices

Rookie

I've installed the agent to a server we've been having problems getting inventory on and after uninstalling the agent and reinstalling, twice, I finally got the system to show up in All Devices, but with an incorrect IP.

When the details of the system are inspected, it is correctly showing the installed NICs as '0' and '1' with NIC0 having the correct LAN IP address and NIC1 showing a 192.168.x.x IP.

Question is: Where do I specify the correct NIC/IP to use?

Thanks,

-Bill

• 1. Re: IP for device is incorrect in All Devices
          beau.gordon Employee

Bill,

Your server has two NICs.  The IP address for NIC0 is correct, but the IP address for NIC1 is incorrect?

I don't understand what you mean by

Question is: Where do I specify the correct NIC/IP to use?

Are you asking how to specify which of the reported IP addresses the core server will use when communicating with the client?  If so, the answer is that in most cass it will try to resolve the IP address using DNS (for example, when pushing software or starting a remote control session.)

There is an attribute in inventory named computer -> network -> tcpip -> address.  Are you asking how LANDesk decides which IP address to put into that attribute when there are multiple IP addresses reported for a system?  The answer to that is that we use whichever IP address the incoming inventory scan came from.

If I haven't answered the question can you add a few more details?  Thanks

• 2. Re: IP for device is incorrect in All Devices
            Rookie

Beau,

Thanks for the reply.

Interestingly enough, when I went to grab screenies of the situation, the IP is now the correct DNS resolved IP.

I love problems that solve themselves.Now, wonder if that will work if I posted about the golf trip my wife doesnt want me to take ...

Thanks guys.

-Bill