3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 2:49 AM by phoffmann

HII OSD and Windows Home

Apprentice

I am curious if anyone has been successful at applying the LANDesk HII process to Windows XP Home.  I know that Home doesn't work completely with Sysprep, but I am not sure which functions in particular are not available.  I have to deploy "exit images" to computers that leave our organization that were purchased with a Windows XP Home license.  Has anyone been able to do this?

• 1. Re: HII OSD and Windows Home
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

brrrr XP Home ... shiver. Brave fellow ...

For my part, not come across anyone (successful or unsuccessful) who's tried anything of this sort with XP Home - sorry. Given a choice, I'd stay away as much as possible, but it doesn't sound like you have one?

I suppose you don't happen to have the luxury of homogenous hardware - where at least you could use a traditional image as a last resort?

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HII OSD and Windows Home
            Apprentice

Actually I don't.  We're a university, so we're always getting upgrades.  If worse comes to worse, I will have to have an "exit" image for every model of computer!

• 3. Re: HII OSD and Windows Home
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

That may be the way forward.

You can use the benefit of having a tree-structure in the boot-menu to get the right images across. It's a pain, but about the only realistic way.

XP Home already puts you in a bad position, and disparate hardware makes Sysprep/HII and co. even harder. This may be the "least bad" option, as it were.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead