You may want to try to switch your Disk-controllers over to "compatibility" or "legacy" mode in the BIOS (if they have it). If they do not, you'll need to include a storage driver in your image.
Most contemporary S-ATA controllers need drivers to access them ... you see the problem often enough just trying to get WinPE to talk to the disks for instance :).
LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.
Thanks for the feedback, we had to do this using ghost as well previously, but would like to move away from doing so with LANDesk, the win pe side is fine and working well, but was really hoping for a workaround for the scripted install. Is it possible to include the correct drivers during the scripted install component?
Cheers - Ben
- Download the Intel Matrix Storage drivers from lenovo as required for WinPE
- Create the folders $OEM$\TEXTMODE inside your I386 Dir
- Copy the driver files including the txtsetup.oem file (updated the same as with the Win PE version)
- Update the unattended.txt file to include the following lines:
"Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)" = OEM
- Import the unattended.txt script and set it as the install script to use.
Answered as per last post.
If you could attach your updated script that would be good reference for the rest of the community.
ill put together a Doc and get it up shortly
Cheers - Ben
Looks like you figured out what I was trying to get at. WinPE could talk to the HD just fine - but the image itself had problems. Different things there :).
But good to see you got it sorted. Looking forward to the doc.
LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead