3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 9:30 AM by cachilli

Using OUTCOM: in 5250 emulation

Rookie

Hello.

I have been tasked with migrating our old Symbol VRC6946 terminals to Motorola VC5090.

On the VRC6946, we previously used 'OUTCOM:\#1A:OUTCOM' in an output field to turn on a sick CLV450 scanner via the com port.

Try as I may, I can't get the VRC5090 to do the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Don

• 1. Re: Using OUTCOM: in 5250 emulation
          cachilli SupportEmployee

Hello,

You may need to play with the com port settings a bit to get this to work as each sanner is a bit different.. To get you started, I have added a few settings that have been known to work with other scanner types.. You may also want to consult your documentation for your scanner for proper settings..

Com Port Ignore Nulls = Yes

Com Port Mode = Scanner

Com Port Parity Mask = 7f

Use Com Input/Output = Yes

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Using OUTCOM: in 5250 emulation
            Rookie

Hello.

Thanks for that.  Just to clarify, I have tried many variation of the com settings in the Emulation Parameters, including these.  What I really need is the correct character string to send to trigger scanning.

In the old version of wavelink (circa 2000, I don't know the version, but it isn't wince) the 'OUTCOM:\#1A:OUTCOM' sent an ASCII <SUB> which is what the scanner interprets as a scan request.

What I need for my new version of TelnetCE (7.3.161) is the characters to put inside the OUTCOM: tell the scanner to scan :OUTCOM.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Don

• 3. Re: Using OUTCOM: in 5250 emulation
              cachilli SupportEmployee

it does make sense.. If you have set up the scanner according to the manufacturers specifications and the com ports to match, and this isn't working, try another com port.. if this is still not working then you should use the portal or contact Wavelink customer support for assistance with this..

when you use the OUTCOM:, do you see this print to the screen or nothing at all? Have you scanned the manufacturers barcodes to set up the scanner?

1 of 1 people found this helpful