5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 2:55 AM by pcdejong

Error Unlicensed (2)

Rookie

When device tries to connect to Agent the error unlicensed message pops up on the Enabler on device.

I have read the document about this subject (Version 2 - 5 Nov 2013)

I verified all the causes/solutions and we don't match wich none

The Avalanche SE version is 5.0.0.278

The Avalanche Enabler version is 4.09-03 (same version for the old or new devices)

Only the fact that only the "old" (bought August 2011) mobile devices get this error

the new one (bought Sept 2012) doesn't have this error

Do we have a "Best before date" to update the mobiles ?

thanks to every body for an idea to fix this problem

• 1. Re: Error Unlicensed (2)
          nrasmussen SupportEmployee

Are you using a pre-licensed Datalogic device?  Or just regular non pre-licensed devices?

• 2. Re: Error Unlicensed (2)
            Rookie

thanks to ask me

Yes we are using pre-licensed Datalogic device

is it a problem ?

• 3. Re: Error Unlicensed (2)
              nrasmussen SupportEmployee

No it's not a problem I just wanted that info as we treat those devices different.  For Datalogic devices they come pre-licensed for Avalanche management for 1 year.  This is determined based off of there manufacture date of the device.  Once the pre-license date has expired you will need regular Avalanche licenses for those devices to connect. 

Datalogic should be able to provide you the licensing you would need.  You can contact their support at 1 (800) 929-3221

• 4. Re: Error Unlicensed (2)
                Rookie

thanks you very much for the answer

I'll contact Datalogic and will keep you updated

• 5. Re: Error Unlicensed (2)
                  pcdejong Rookie

Not completely true. Every (current) Datalogic mobile device comes with Avalanche pre-licensed. That license is valid indefinitely just like a normal Avalanche license.

There is also a maintenance license include for 1 year on the device. Which is normal because when you buy a normal license the first year of maintenance is also free.

This maintenance license enables you to run on a higher server version of Avalanche than your enabler is.

The easiest solution in this case is to update you enabler to match your server version (5.0). Or you can purchase maintenance Avalanche licenses if your not able to do this.

Gr Peter