Storage Adapters Status "0"

VaLr Apprentice

Storage Adapter.JPG

Why the Status is 0?

It suppose should be 14 because is Online

What does it means?

• 1. Re: Storage Adapters Status "0"
          Truffles SupportEmployee

I could be wrong (as I don't work a lot with RAID) but I believe the status may refer to the status in the RAID array. I'm not sure if that's a standard in the industry or varies by RAID controller. Performing some research resulted in the following RAID statuses:

Normal, Abnormal, Degraded, Crashed, Crashed--Read-Only Mode

If I assign numbers to this and it starts with 0 it would indicate that the status of this drive in the RAID array is Normal. I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Storage Adapters Status "0"
            VaLr Apprentice

Truffles

Thank you for reply, i read the next document from ldsupport:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-4422

It says:

The three known conditions for the status of a disk in a RAID array are 12: OK; 13: Missing or Failed; and 14: Rebuilding. 

So i dont know what information is correct...

• 3. Re: Storage Adapters Status "0"
              Truffles SupportEmployee

Good point. From that document I would side with the 12, 13, and 14 codes. I would assume that the "0" is either unable to get status (default) or perhaps a bug. A ticket with support might be the next thing to do. However, I would be curious if this same issue happens on different RAID controllers or perhaps related to a specific model. Support will most likely need to attempt a duplication of the problem before sending to development. (aka...it's hard for a developer to fix something if they can't duplicate the problem...not impossible but difficult most times) It would be important information (if you're able to get it) if the problem is just related to one controller.

• 4. Re: Storage Adapters Status "0"
                VaLr Apprentice

I dont know, "Intel Dektop/Server Express chipset SATA RAID Controller" is the only controller model existent.