8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 4:07 PM by John.Knittl

Pathc and compliance scan

Apprentice

we run out patch and complaice scan weekly on a friday. I want to disable the scan for some computers. Is there a way to disable it for some but leave it enabled for all other computers.

I can break the computers I dont want to scan down to a specific subnet.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

There is no easy way to disable the scan, the best way to handle this is to create one or more scan and repair setting that you then assign to those systems.

Also, depending on which version of LANDesk you are using there are different options

Let me know which version you are using and I can try assist you

• 2. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
            Apprentice

Thank you we are using 9.50.2.6

• 3. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

John,

I re-read your post and I had mis-read it the first time... Without messing with "scheduled tasks" field on the client, it is not easy to skip security scans.

You can create a new agent for these systems and in the Patch and Compliance section you can change how often the system is scanned and also set a time frame in which they occur

What is it you are wanting to accomplish by skipping the scan?  Depending on why, there are some ways to work around it, such as to set the scan to only happen only every x number of days, etc.

• 4. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
                Apprentice

the scan is causing a number of computers to run very slow making teh machines unworkable for staff. We want to disable the scan until we can get them new PC's. The scan is causing the disk to run at 100% slowing everything down

• 5. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
                  mrspike SSMMVPGroup

If you go to "Tools > Configurations > Agent Settings" and open the settings being used by these clients.

Next navigate to the "Scan Options" inside the settings.  What do you have selected?  Please list all of these

• 6. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
                    Apprentice

Type selected

Vulnerabilities

spyware - default scan

security threats

blocked applications - All blocked apps

antivirus updates

LANDesk updates

custom definitions

Enable autofix enabled.

• 7. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
                      mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Ok, that is your problem.

What I strongly suggest you do, and this is also what LANDesk suggests...

Only select Vulnerabilities, LANDesk Updates and Custom Definitions.

If you are using AntiVirus from LANDesk, you will want to keep that one checked.

Spyware and Blocked Applications are HUGE CPU Hogs and take a long time to complete.

What you can do for those is, create a different scan setting, and then create a new scheduled task and schedule it to run once a month, or more often if you wish.

Make sure that all of the other settings, especially the reboot options in this new Scan setting are set properly!  It might be best to right click the existing one and Copy it, rename it, and make the needed changes.

I can guarantee you that these changes will make a huge difference of your machines.  We have a bunch of old junky machines and have no issues

• 8. Re: Pathc and compliance scan
                        Apprentice

Thank you for the quick responses. I will make the changes and let you know how it goes