3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 3:32 AM by phoffmann

Landesk Inventory Cleanup

Rookie

We currently are running version 8.7 and are getting ready to upgrade to 8.8.  Before I do so, we need to clean up our database.  I have used DBRepair, but it is not doing what I need.  We have machines that were removed from the DB or renamed but the inventory is not updating.  Instead of renaming the existing instance in landesk, it is creating a new one.  If the duplicate instance is removed from landesk, it will reappear.  I need to find a way to remove the instances and get the inventory to update properly.  Any suggestions?

Julie

• 1. Re: Landesk Inventory Cleanup
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You may want to look at the automatic duplicate device deletion ...

1 - on the Core, launch the 32-bit Console.

2 - Go to TOOLS -> CONFIGURE -> Inventory-tab.

3 - Click on the "Devices"-button.

4 - Configure what you want.

Either a combination of Device name OR MAC-address must match, or a Device name AND MAC-addresses must match.

you may also want to enable the "Restore old Device IDs" option, that will prevent this sort of thing from happening, with the Inventory service telling clients to use their old device ID's (which it tries to identify based on MAC-address + name).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: Landesk Inventory Cleanup
            Rookie

Thanks!!!  I have made the change and have cleaned up the inventory.  I will keep an eye on it to see if the deleted machines return. 

Julie

• 3. Re: Landesk Inventory Cleanup
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

No problem.

For future reference - bear in mind, DBREPAIR is for cleaning up DB corruption - not deleting devices :). It repairs bad data-links, so to speak :).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead