Hey Guys and Gals,
I need a little help here. We are deploying CSA, and I am running into some challenges. I have most things working, but cannot get remote control up. Here is a little info about our environment:
1. Core - 9.5 SP1
2. CSA - Virtual Appliance in DMZ
3. New Agent Deployed with CSA Information / Configuration
I have devices outside the LAN with new Agent Configuration (Has CSA Configurations). These devices are able to do the following:
- Send VulScan information to the Core
- Receive Policy task from the core (Patching and Software Distribution)
- Report back inventory to the core
What does work from outside:
- Cannot get Remote Control to work (with LANDesk Agent)
If I installed the "On Demand Remote Client for Windows" from the CSA portal page to a device w/o an Agent, I can see it just fine in the remote console. So I do know that remote console is working. If I try to remote control a device with a LANDesk agent, I can't get it to connect.
Here are the steps I am doing to remote control a device with LANDesk outside the LAN.
- Make sure device is outside the LAN (the device is completely on the Internet - not on our networi)
- Verify that device has recently inventoried / check in with core (i kicked up the policy sync period)
- Select Device in Console - and Select "Remote Control via Management Gateway)
- Remontol Windows Comes up and ask for Management Gateway Credentials
- Endless "Searching for a matching connection..."
From the remote device, I have put it both in "Direct Connect Mode" and "Gateway Mode"
So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there something I need to do at the Core level? Do I need to "invoke" something on the Remote Device?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.