3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 6:12 PM by Alex.Richardson

PXE Boot drivers?

So we just upgraded to 9.5 SP2, and I now get some kind of error that a coworker told me is because now the PXE Boot service is based on Windows 8, so I'll need to download and embed the video and network drivers for the computers we support into the PXE agent.

My question, is will I need to get the drivers for 8.0 or 8.1, and 32bit vs 64bit?

• 1. Re: PXE Boot drivers?
          Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

Sp2 updates WinPE to version 5 which is based on Windwows 8.1. The default WinPE in LANDesk is the 32 bit one so if you havent changed anything then you need 32 bit drivers.

You mention video drivers but for WinPE you only need storage and network at most. The new WinPE has a very large driver store so I would test your hardware before adding any drivers as you may not need many if any.

• 2. Re: PXE Boot drivers?

Well, drivers came up because the first time I tried to image a computer off the network after updating, it gave me the following error

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (0% complete)

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd32.sys)

And my co-worker saw it and said I needed to embed drivers into the new system.

• 3. Re: PXE Boot drivers?
              Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

What I was talking about before was the WinPE drivers but you are talking about the final OS drivers.

Have a read of this doc to see how to use hardware independent imaging and this should resolve your issue.