I ran into something similar with DDP V22.214.171.1248, changed to 126.96.36.19911 which is supposed to resolve some of the issues DDP has with Kaspersky.
After three months it turns out the version of Dell Data Protection (188.8.131.5235) was not compatible with Kaspersky. Mike your answer was on mark it just took a while to convince anyone that it could be the cause. As soon as we installed 184.108.40.20611 everything worked. If you get a chance Mike I would love to get a little more information about how you guys handled it and problems you had. My email is listed on my profile if you would like to send me a message.