After creating an image the computer I create it from crashes. It would either say "Operating system not found" or "Missing file or corrupt" (winload.exe). When creating an image it should do nothing to the harddrive but it fails for some reason. Sometimes I can deploy the image and sometimes I cant. Anyone have had this experience?
Check the partition you set as the bootable partition when capturing. Might be set to the wrong one. Default is 1 but you might need it to be 2.
MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation
LANDesk Expert Solution Provider
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements
Update - New Stand-Alone State Notifier Console for Service Desk Operators
Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states
Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality
Thanks but yeah I checked that. I usually set it to 2 when using windows 7 if I dont make any changes to the drives or partitions.
This seems to happen sometimes happens when using imageX. I think the MBR gets set to the incorect partition due to the service partition being in place. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-fix-the-master-boot-record-in-windows.navId-397923.html
Just a question, are you doing the capture on a VM? That's what I was using and using ImageX.
In my Capture template I do the following:
1. Map a drive to where the imageX.exe is located
2. Map a drive to where the image is going to be created
3. and then Capture Image.
The command-line I used was:
In my Deploy template I do the following:
1. Remove All Volume Assignments - diskpart.exe -s x:\ldclient\rmvol.txt
2. Map drive to .wim location (J:)
3. Run DrivePrep Script - diskpart.exe -s "J:\64BitTools\DrivePrep.txt"
4. Enable 8dot3name - format c: /fs:ntfs /q /s:enable /y
5. Deploy Image (command line)
/apply \\servername\directory\wimname.wim 1 C:
Post-OS installation section:
6. Run BCDBoot to create boot files in boot partition - bcdboot.exe C:\Windows /s S:
Hope I explained that so it's understandable!! :-)
Has this issues be resolved, i'm running into the same issue since going to 9.6