4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 9:52 AM by Martin.Greenhill

X64 Unattended file

Hi All,

I have a X86 unattended file that works great. I know have a request for x64 bit machines. So i need to create a copy of the unattended file and edit it so the X64 machines can build.....Problem is i dont have a clue what to edit. I have read http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7556 and it means nothing to me! So i was hoping someone has had a simular experience and could offer some guidence.

By what i have read i need to replace the "x86" with "AMD64" however not all of them......But im not sure what ones to change, Secondly they have a publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" next to them, does this need editing? and thirdly i beleive i need to point this at a AMD64 wim (which will probably be the captured 64bit image i have), but where and what do i put in to point this in the right location?

I am a complete novice at this, the previous unattended was created by an engineer thats no longer with us so any help would be MUCH appreciated. I have attached my current x86 unattended file that works.

• 1. Re: X64 Unattended file

Hello Martin,

I know for sure that the processor architecture entries will need to be changed from x86 to AMD64. I don't beleive you will need to edit the public token entries. You can create a OS deployment (Capture) package that can capture the image and store it to a location of your choosing.

Hope this helps somewhat.

• 2. Re: X64 Unattended file

Thanks pal,

I have put the AMD64 in place and it is definatly getting further, it seems to push the image down, install the pnp drivers, then it gets a DISM error, reboots and gets to the stage of installing drivers and stops but the provisioning agent window does start. I have a funny feeling its the below

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://win7provm2/users/gowestev/desktop/win7x86.wim#OS" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

Any ideas anyone?

• 3. Re: X64 Unattended file

Hello Martin,

Have you tried replacing this:

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://win7provm2/users/gowestev/desktop/win7x86.wim#OS" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

with this:

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="catalog:y:/sources/install_windows 7 professional.clg" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

• 4. Re: X64 Unattended file

No i havent, what is <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="catalog:y:/sources/install_windows 7 professional.clg" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" /> doing?

I was a bit through by the fact that the original command seems to point to a location on the old admins desktop, (a file i am no longer able to find).