2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 7:36 AM by Snowman

Annoying "beeps" when wake-from-sleep

Rookie

I am running MacOS X 10.8.5 on a MacbookPro, and when I wake from sleep, I invariably get 3-4 extremely annoying sound alerts. I've tracked them down to these messages displayed in a Terminal.app window (I always have Terminal running):

Broadcast Message from root@scl-1mjaffe-m.local                               

(no tty) at 20:09 PDT...                                              

ldscan.pid lock failed, another instance of ldiscan may be running.                                                                              

ldscan.pid lock failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (35).                                                                              

Error, unable to connect to the core server                                                                              

No destination. Not scanning to the core, and not scanning to file, stopping sc

anning now.                                                                              

Is there any way to stop this?