2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 7:12 AM by MrGadget

Provisioning XP Driver Problem

MrGadget Expert

I use Landesk 9.5 No SP

I have all Dell Computers. Most of my computers are on Windows 7. I have a few on XP.

Several of my XP computers use a Soundmax audio driver. I am trying to convert them over to Provisioning. When doing a HII Provisioning, the image is layed down ok, reboots and during HII it loads the Windows 7 Audio Driver which brings up a window that says it has not be verified for XP and then freezes.

We tryed putting the XP driver in the driver database but it screws up the Windows 7 HII Provisioning.

How do I get around this problem?

• 1. Re: Provisioning XP Driver Problem
          LANDave SupportEmployee

You mention that you put the XP driver in the driver database, but it screws up the Windows HII provisioning.

Have you tried assigning the driver through the HII tool?  You can select the OS and the system and have it assigned.   You can do this once for XP and once for  Windows 7.

In addition, the HII has been improved somewhat in Service Pack 2 for LDMS 9.5.

Always make sure you are using the latest and greatest driver for the computer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Provisioning XP Driver Problem
            MrGadget Expert

Thanks for replying Dave,

If I add the XP driver to the database it trys to load on my windows 7 machines and fails. So I had to take it out. Now the windows 7 sound driver works fine fo windows 7 but trys to load in XP and it freezes with the not verified window.

I don't have SP2 yet so I'm assuming I can't assign the driver until I get on 9.5 SP2.