3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 11:32 AM by mmorales

Attempting to create an alternate version of Resolution Action

GarethReeves Apprentice

I have a requirement to create an alternative Resolve Action. Which I have working to a point. The new resolve action is a temporary measure until we can setup change management and closes Incidents by sending our current change request links to the user.

I need to be able to add to the email the Current Assigned Analyst's email address. I can get the CurrentAssignedAnalyst using {_CurrentAssignedAnalyst}

Any Ideas how I pull through more information from the Analysts user account?

Thansk, Gareth

• 1. Re: Attempting to create an alternate version of Resolution Action
          Expert

I've had issues in the past using CurrentAssignment, so am now using LatestAssignment.

If using CurrentAssignment:

{CurrentAssignment/User/EMailAddress}

If using LatestAssignment:

{LatestAssignment/User/EMailAddress}

Go into the Add Reminder via Process Manager, double click the Add Reminder you want to modify, right click the details or whichever field you wanted to add this placeholder into, select Insert Place Holder,  scroll down to the appropriate entry and select.

That should get you the email address.  That is of course, based upon an assumption you are using the Email Attribute within the User collection. 

• 2. Re: Attempting to create an alternate version of Resolution Action
            GarethReeves Apprentice

I think this is the problem I can;t work out how to get the Analyst email to be available in the Add Reminder as a value I can add.

I can't even workout how the system gets currentassignedanalyst seems to be a calculation. We need the Analysts email address for another change we need to make so any help with hoow I get the Analysts email address selectable as a value in Add Reminder would be a great help.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Attempting to create an alternate version of Resolution Action
              Expert

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.  So please help me understand.

1.  Are you trying to list(place holder) the currently assigned analysts' email address in the body(details) of the email?

Example:

Hi, Customer John, your currently assigned analyst is Gareth Reeves.  His email address is:  GR@domain.com

2.  Are you trying to put an attribute that displays the address on the form outside of the details?

3.  Are you having issues sending the Add Reminder to the currently assigned analyst?

4.  Other?