4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 10:02 AM by MrGadget

HIIClient In Preview Mode Question

MrGadget Expert

When running HIIClient in Preview mode on a client it makes 2 files, one file shows the drivers in the Driver repository and the other file shows the drivers found with the manufacturers Ven numbers. What are these 2 files supposed to be telling me?

Also I ran HIIClient_x64 on a 64bit computer and it failed and when I ran HIIClient it worked. Do you not run HIIClient_x64 on a 64 bit computer?

• 1. Re: HIIClient In Preview Mode Question
          riccafer Apprentice

HII Preview results tells you which are the drivers that LANDESK Provisioning will install during process, using these files you can troubleshoot drivers installation.

Also for me 64bit version of hii client does not run, I use 32 bit version and the "HII Driver Management" tool in the console for troubleshooting.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HIIClient In Preview Mode Question
            MrGadget Expert

See if I understand this.

In the HIIPreview.log it tells you what drivers with vendor names it found and a corresponding driver it found in the Driver Database.

So if there is a Driver found on the computer but didn't have a corresponding driver found in the Driver Database then it needs to be added?

• 3. Re: HIIClient In Preview Mode Question
              riccafer Apprentice

You should add (and eventually assign) a new driver only if the detected driver is not good for your device. If you do not have particular needs you can use the latest version of the driver and remove the old one from your database (but you should test old devices for compatibility), or you can continue to use the old version without update your database if this version does not create issues on new devices.

I prefer to classifing drivers on the database by device type (Video, LAN, Mass Storage, ...) instead of model name (HP 8300, Dell Latitude,...), by this way it is more simple to keep up to date your database.

• 4. Re: HIIClient In Preview Mode Question
                MrGadget Expert

Thanks for your reply,.