5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 12:14 PM by rstacy

Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade

ViaBellator Apprentice

I recently upgraded our system to version 7.7.1 and while WebAccess is working fine with integrated login, Console users are not able to log in. In the console window they get Login Failed.

I turned on diagnostic logging and the log shows:

Authentication

Authenticate User Logon at 2014-05-09 11:06:53.123

Logon Policy: IntegratedOnly

User Name:

User Guid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Password: lX/UtbxHXd0=

Windows Principal (used for Integrated Logon):

Network Logon Hash (used for Integrated Logon):

Is Integrated Logon: False

Is Interactive: True

Logon Status: Explicit

Group Name:

Group Guid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Reason for Logon Failure: UserNotSpecified

IGNORED

Logon failed

at Touchpaper.Framework.SystemServices.Authenticator.ValidateCredentials(ITpsCredentials tpsCredentials, Boolean isAnonymous)

at Touchpaper.Framework.SystemServices.Authenticator.Logon(ITpsSession tpsSession, ITpsEnvironment environment, ITpsCredentials tpsCredentials, Boolean isAnonymous)

A can log in as sa if I point to the correct instance both from the server and from client workstations.

Just for additional info, if I do not upgrade the client software and leave it at our old version (7.5 SP1), then users can login with no issue even though the back end is on 7.7.1

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade
          Expert

Any chance you looked at the Console.exe.config on the local client after upgrading them?

A couple things to look at:

1.     Make sure you are pointing to the correct framework that is supposed to be used for your integrated logon.  This is in the

<add key=TPS Host" value="http://ServerName/Instance.Framework" />

<add key="Url" value=http://ServerName/Instance.Framework / >

2.  At the bottom of the config, check and make sure you are pointing your logonpolicy to integrated, rather than explicit:

<add key="LogonPolicy" value="Integrated" />

3.  Verify the framework running in configuration centre has its Logon policy set to Integrated

We haven't tested 771 yet and are still on 7.5 SP1, but i could see those settings possibly being defaulted during an upgrade.  Hope it works!

• 2. Re: Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade
            ViaBellator Apprentice

It's quite interesting.

I did verify the settings you suggest and frequently change between multiple frameworks so I can log into different instances on both our production and development environments.

The thing that gets me is that I can log in with a 7.5 SP1 client and it works. Upgrading the client to 7.7.1 breaks the authentication somehow. If I roll back the client it starts working again without changing the instance it is hitting at all.

I just opened a technical support case to get some assistance from LANDesk.

• 3. Re: Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade
              ViaBellator Apprentice

Just a quick update to this. Point number 2 in the comment by mmorales above was actually the issue. The server side config was correct (which is what I was checking), but the client side config was not.

Apparently, the older clients would work despite being set to explicitonly in the console.exe.config file, but the 7.7.1 version has some additional authentication changes that caused it not to work unless that key was correct.

Eric

• 4. Re: Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade
                Rookie

Hi,

i have similar issue.

Version of LANDesk - 7.7.2

Events:

Server side: ExplictOnly + Client side: ExplictOnly = Working login to console only by typing user and password

Server side: IntegratedOnly + Client side: IntegratedOnly = Working login to console only by integration (automated)

Server side: All + Client side: All = Working login to console only by typing user and password (integrated is not working) <- I need this working.

Any ideas?

• 5. Re: Integrated login failed in Console after 7.7.1 upgrade
                  rstacy Apprentice

Thanks for providing this.  Helped a lot.  I had to modify #2 and #3 just a little to get it to work for us.  I found "IntegratedOnly" mentioned in passing in another article and gave it a try in desperation.  It worked, so thought I would add it to this article.  Thanks!

1.    Make sure you are pointing to the correct framework that is supposed to be used for your integrated logon.  This is in the

<add key=TPS Host" value="http://ServerName/Instance.Framework" />

<add key="Url" value=http://ServerName/Instance.Framework / >

2.  At the bottom of the config, check and make sure you are pointing your logonpolicy to integrated, rather than explicit:

<add key="LogonPolicy" value="IntegratedOnly" />

3.  Verify the framework running in configuration centre has its Logon policy set to Integrated Only