3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 10:20 AM by btodero

Cutover from existing ticketing system to LANDesk

Apprentice

Last week we moved our Payroll and HR groups from our exisiting ticketing system, BMC FootPrints, to LANDesk.  On the 30th we will move the IT group to LANDesk.  In HR and Payroll we have about 800 tickets that will need to be moved and in IT we have about 1700 tickets that need to be moved.  Other than manually creating these tickets does LANDesk offer other ways to get the tickets from our existing system?

• 1. Re: Cutover from existing ticketing system to LANDesk
          Expert

Their consulting group would love to help you out.  This goes a bit beyond the typical help desk.

Technically it is possible to do anything through SQL although so many places to go wrong.  Do a trace and you will see how messy it is.

When we went live we manually entered any open incidents (about 200) and then kept the old system up for historical purposes.  If you have 2500 open incidents then I would ask for help otherwise if only a few hundred are open it's great practice to learn the new system!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cutover from existing ticketing system to LANDesk
            Fabian Schmidt Expert

As already said, there is no official way to move tickets from one system to the other, even if it is a movement from one LANDesk Service Desk to a new one.

If you source database is well documented with every relationship, than LANDesk Consulting might be able to transfer your tickets, but this will lead to some work.

For one of our customer, we kept the old ticket system online until every open ticket was closed there and all new tickets opend via mail or web were entered in the new system.

Regards

Fabian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Cutover from existing ticketing system to LANDesk
              Apprentice

Thanks for the input.  We ended up going the route of manually moving the tickets over. I got to know the system really well moving over 600 tickets myself.