1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2014 10:55 AM by nrasmussen

Enabling 802.11a on Skorpio X3

Rookie

Hi, we'd like to try out using 5ghz wifi on our Skorpio X3 guns. I can set the Radio Mode to ABG rates full in the Summit Client Utility and contact the Avalanche SE server over our 5ghz network, but as soon as the config is pushed to the gun the default setting of BG rates full is restored and the gun is no longer able to see the 5ghz SSID as it is not looking in the 5ghz range. I assume it's achieved via Custom Properties in the Network Profile / WLAN Settings area but I don't know what the appropriate Property Name and Value should be set to. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kevin

• 1. Re: Enabling 802.11a on Skorpio X3
          nrasmussen SupportEmployee

Kevin,

This should be possible by adding a _WLSummit.PRF file to the config directory of the enabler.  Usually the config directory is in either \Program files\wavelink\avalanche config (Window mobile) or \Application\wavelink\avalanche\config (CE)  In the PRF you will just have a line for RadioMode=# where # is the radio mode you would like to use from the below list. Not that RadioMode is case sensitive.  Once you place the PRF in the config directory you will need to either shutdown the enabler and re-launch or restart the device.   Once you have the prf and validate it works you can then create a package with package builder to push the file to all devices.

RADIOMODE_B_ONLY = 0

RADIOMODE_BG = 1

RADIOMODE_G_ONLY = 2

RADIOMODE_BG_LRS = 3

RADIOMODE_A_ONLY = 4

RADIOMODE_ABG = 5 

RADIOMODE_BGA = 6

RADIOMODE_ADHOC= 7

Other settings you can also include in the PRF include:

TxPower

PowerSave

BitRate

RadioMode

You can also set the following global settings which affects all network profiles:

RxDiversity

TxDiversity

Preamble

GShortSlot

RegDomain

RoamTrigger

RoamDelta

RoamPeriod

FragThreshold

RTSThreshold

DisplayPasswords

BTCoexist