4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2008 9:44 AM by puercomal

Report on if a service is installed or not.

Rookie

We just recently went from altiris to LANDesk and now have to uninstall all the altiris clients. I am trying to create a report to see what computers still have the services installed based on the last inventory scan. I am using "Computer"."OS"."Drivers and Services"."Service"."Name" and no matter what relational operator I use it isn't coming back with correct status. On my report there are computers listed that have the services removed already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Report on if a service is installed or not.
          Employee

Something like this should work: http://www.droppedpackets.org/agent-modifications/is-xdd-installed/

Bear in mind that the data in the query is coming from the database, which is reliant on the agent scans coming in.

• 2. Re: Report on if a service is installed or not.
            zman Master

Welcome. There are a number of ways to accomplish this task. The first is with a required scheduled task based on a dynamic query - what you are working on now. Look at the example Jack has provided and create a query and use it as a target for your uninstall job.  One issue with this is it relies on a valid software scan. The LANDesk inventory scan is actually two main parts - hardware (happens every scan) and software (user definable - Configure | Services | Inventory | Software). So you may uninstall the Altiris Client, but unless you have a valid Inventory/Software scan (after the uninstall) it will appear as still installed.  There are ways around this:

• When you uninstall the Altiris client force a full inventory scan (/F forces a full scan). Batch/Script uninstall with this at the end.

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\LDISCN32.EXE /NTT=CORENAME:5007 /S="CORENAME" /I=HTTP://CORENAME/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI /NOCD /F

Another option is to use a (Article replaced with newer content) Creating a Custom Vulnerability 8.6. Create an vulnerability for the Altiris client. This could be a file, registry key (I would uses a file that exists when installed and is removed when uninstalled). To fix the vulnerability you would just run the Altiris uninstall. You could make it even easier by setting this to autofix. 

Hope this helps.

One ER would be to have an option on a Schedule task to run a Inventory Scan after the installation. This could be more useful if it was granular with options (Hardware | Software | Registry | Etc..)

• 3. Re: Report on if a service is installed or not.
              Rookie

Thank you for the help. I'm thinking it is the inventory scan that is only doing a hardware scan. Unfortunately the 'Services' option under the 'Configure' menu is grayed out for some reason.

We have already ran the uninstall script on most of our computers so I can't add to the uninstall script.

I was thinking of just creating a batch file of just the script to run a full scan. My question is once the scan is complete will it be updated on the core server and the management suite or do I have to do something else for the scan to report in.

Thanks again for the help.

• 4. Re: Report on if a service is installed or not.
                Employee

sdamlo wrote:

Thank you for the help. I'm thinking it is the inventory scan that is only doing a hardware scan. Unfortunately the 'Services' option under the 'Configure' menu is grayed out for some reason.

Run the console on the core and it'll be there.