3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2014 2:55 PM by Carl.Simpson

On a live LDSD, can I edit the contents of an assignment email template sent to analyst?

bialae Apprentice

When our LDSD was first setup, the email template that sends a message to an analyst assigned with an incident was designed for a pager endpoint. Now that the analyst are carrying smart phones, they need more detailed information. I see in the process flow that the template is called "Assignment4". I would like to add more on the body of the message but it is "Read Only". I see in the Properties that I can make that field "Read/Write". However, this is a live system running 24/7. I wonder if I can perform and make the changes on a live system. Thank you all for your kind help.

• 1. Re: On a live LDSD, can I edit the contents of an assignment email template sent to analyst?
          Expert

I believe it makes a difference on what you mean by "changes".  It is possible to edit an "Add Assignment" control and change the text in the description without disabling the process.  However, in practice its quite probably that anyone inside of LDSD will get locked up and/or kicked out.  So in general it's not the best idea to make changes with users in the system.  You mentioned Assignment4 and that is a window.  If you make changes to this window, typically the really bad things don't happen.  However, they also tend not to have any effect unless you recycle to app pool or do an IISRESET.

It's best to set aside maintenance time, deactivate your process if needed, recycle the pools if needed, and then let everyone get back to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: On a live LDSD, can I edit the contents of an assignment email template sent to analyst?
            bialae Apprentice

Thank you so very much. If you don't mind me asking, how do I deactivate the process and recycle the pools? I am very new to LANDesk and my boot camp training is still on July 14. Is there an online manual about maintenance time? Thank you again so much.

• 3. Re: On a live LDSD, can I edit the contents of an assignment email template sent to analyst?
              Expert

To edit a process (Incident for example):

Select Designers - Process Designer - Expand Incident Management - Expand Incident

Make any other active (non grayed out) process the default by selecting the process and select "Set as default" from the Actions

Select your process and select the action "Deactivate Process"

Double click your process to open it in the designer.

Make changes

Save changes

Select your process and select the action "Activate Process"

Select your process and select "Set as default" from the Actions

To reset an application pool:

You need to open the configuration Center (https://ServerName/ServiceDesk.ConfigurationCentre/Login/LogOn) for your web server

Logon as sa

Select your instance

Under Application Pools, recycle all that apply, if not sure yet, do them all

1 of 1 people found this helpful