3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 10:09 AM by Jon Miller

Move the HII Driver Store

Jon Miller Apprentice

How do I move the HII Driver Store from the main core, a preferred server, to an attached drive on the server. We created a LUN and attached it to the vm to start conserving space on C. I'd like to change the default path for HII driver store to the new share (UNC and Http) also change the path for the patch and compliance updates. We are running the 9.6 version. It seems as though since the new release, the HII drivers downloaded are acquired at the same time as the security patches are. Any assistance in my ignorance in this situation is appreciated in advance.

Jon

• 1. Re: Move the HII Driver Store
          rdittman Apprentice

Not sure if I completely understand what you are asking but the HII driver location is changed here:

The Patch download location is set here:

If the shares match your Preferred Servers should work as well.

• 2. Re: Move the HII Driver Store
            Jon Miller Apprentice

I have put in the paths to the new locations but the data is not downloaded to the new location... for example the previous location what \\core\ldlogon\patch and new one is \\core\newpatches and respectively with the http paths. The data continues to download to the prior location, even after a reboot and verifying all settings (at least that I could think of). I have verified that the paths have correct permissions from multiple machines and users. Thank you for the suggestion, though I had already given that a shot!

• 3. Re: Move the HII Driver Store
              Jon Miller Apprentice

The following is the case I opened with support and the answer I received.

Subject: Unable to change the HII driver store location or antivirus definition storage location
              Description: How do I move the HII Driver Store and the antivirus storage location from the main core, a preferred server, to an attached drive on the server. We created a LUN and attached it to the vm to start conserving space on the C drive. I'd like to change the default path for HII driver store to the new share (UNC and Http) also change the path for the patch and compliance updates with antivirus updates. We are running the 9.6 version. It seems as though since the new release, the HII drivers downloaded are acquired at the same time as the security patches are. I have changed the location in multiple locations in the management console where instructed by your documentation but the definitions continue to be downloaded to the default location on the core. We have a single core which is the preferred server, no other LANDesk servers.
              Resolution: Jon. After talking to our Product engineers it appears that this is working as expected. Modifying patch download location doesn't apply to the HII driver download location. HII driver download location is not configurable at the moment