Please check if you have Automatic Smart linking turned on in your Crystal Reports client. Im not 100% but the way those tables appeared to be linked in your screenshot makes me think that the setting is turned on. If it is it will probably make your joins incorrect and your report will malfunction. Please check and if it is turned on, please turn that option off.
Then you'll need to double check the linking on that report.
I managed to turn it off. I found it under File -> Options -> Databse (Tab) -> Advanced Options.
I unchecked the Automatic Smart Linking.
I will add that table again and test. I shall let you know.
Thank you so very much.
You need to run the CrystalDSN setter against that report so it knows where to pick data up from. I'd also make sure it works in crystal as well. II would have thought that item you need to use is the one marked usr_softwaretypes, not version. If that is correct, you'll need to add the relationship from that attribute to the user table. I'd use a left outer join type of link
I would also check that you have not got smart linking on. Looking at the small picture it is hard to tell.
For information about smart linking please see the following.
If this is turned on and you edit a report then it will try and link more tables and attributes then what is needed and this can cause the report to fail as some or many of the new links are the wrong join type.
if it is on then that report would take a long time to correct, and it would be better to turn it off in crystal and then go to a backup of the original report and then make the changes you need.
Sorry I just noticed you have turned it off, but if you have edited the report with the smart linking on then the damage may already be done.
and from the previous post "if it is on then that report would take a long time to correct, and it would be better to turn it off in crystal and then go to a backup of the original report and then make the changes you need."
When I work with reports and need to add a table that wasn't there before I use Microsoft Access to test the linking to see what shows up. It's real easy to link a table incorrectly and get nothing as your originally saw. Everything above is true and helps but when you get past all that if your data is linked wrong, you get blank data. I like using Access to see how data links. Most of the database is fairly intuitive once you see how it's laid out and get a feel for it. But still, things don't always work as intended. So I add the tables to Access via ODBC and then link and preview. It's amazing how fast you can change and test things. SQL does the same thing but joins take more brain work and it's slower. Just a few seconds to change a query and test it. When you see the correct data, you win. Then you look at the SQL view of the query to see how it linked everything together. That helps a lot for using other report writers like SSRS.
Thank you all so very much!!! I removed all the tables and added them one by one and did every one of your advise and I am not able to see data into the report. I am just trying to figure out why when I create a regular query on the Incidents there is an attribute with relationship called 'Workstation [usr_workstation]' and I can see the asset tag by the attribute 'Title [cf_title]'. However in my Crystal Report design, I can also see a table called 'usr_worstation' but there are less number of attributes (fields) and the attribute 'Title' is not there. I am really sure where to find all these.
THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ALL SO KIND!!!