3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 11:50 PM by Alex.Richardson

HECI drivers cause imaging fail  - HII

rdittman Apprentice

If I include these drivers in the HII driver repository imaging fails. We've have been struggling with this since we first started using HII. Any ideas on how to deal with this? The current model we are testing on is an HP 6300 but it happens on others as well.

• 1. Re: HECI drivers cause imaging fail  - HII
          Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

I assume you are trying to deploy Windows 7? Have you had any blue screens on boot as well or just the error on the screenshot attached? What version of LDMS are you running?

If you can help with some answers this will help to narrow down where the problem may be coming from.

• 2. Re: HECI drivers cause imaging fail  - HII
            rdittman Apprentice

Yes, we are attempting to image Windows 7. We do not get a blue screen just this error during sysprep "installing devices" stage. We are testing on LANDesk 9.6 now but we've had problems with this since they made a change in HII a few versions ago.

• 3. Re: HECI drivers cause imaging fail  - HII
              Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

So if you remove the HECI drivers from HII then the build work ok again?

As these drivers are not required for the build I would create a distribution package for the driver install and assign this in HII to to relevant hardware.

Assign.png

You can then add the second HII action under System Configuration to install this driver after the OS is there.

HII.png

You will need to extract the install files from the softpaq and then find the silent install switch but then the rest should be easy to setup and should fix your issue.