I've been asked to set-up a way of creating an Incident from an existing Problem, then automatically linking the incident created to that Problem.
Has anyone already done this and if so, what is considered the best practice in achieving this result?
What I'm trying to achieve are the following steps:-
- Display all open problems
- Right click on the required problem in the list and select manual action of ‘Create Incident From Problem’
- Create Incident and pass across field values from Problem
- Allow analyst to add other details to Incident
- Save the Incident
- Automatically Link the created Incident to Problem
OK so steps 1 & 2 fairly straightforward.
At step 3, I'm assuming placeholders will do the job there on a Windowed Windowless Action (Create Incident with Allow association to Window set to True?)
At step 5 I'm not sure how to handle within process if the analyst changes their mind and clicks cancel rather than save the incident.
I'd appreciate any comments people have on the above. Is there a better, simpler way?