I'm not sure why that calculation wouldn't work, but I'm more concerned your incident title keeps getting updated when an update email comes in. In your mail mappings how many ticks do you have on the Subject mapping to Title? Generally you should just have one green tick, but you can also configure it to show a red tick as well. That means it will updated the title when an update email comes in. Right-click on the mapping and you can change it to only "Creation" rather than "Both".
thank you for your quick answer.
The incident title will only be changed for a very short time, if everything is working as it is supposed to.
The mail server will append the "alias address" to the title, enclosed by "#".
The ServiceDesk process will read this an accordingly will set a category to the incident and then remove the appendix enclosed by "#".
After that the title has the same value than before.
Im sorry but I cannot understand what you mean with "In your mail mappings how many ticks do you have on the Subject mapping to Title?"
What do you mean with "ticks"?
Here are some screenshots from our E-mail setup:
And the action on the "Subject" is "Creation" only.
Does this mean that the process will check the titel/subject only during creation of an incident?
So it will not be checked when an e-mail comes in because notes added to the ticket or answers to notification mails?
Your mapping looks OK, the "Subject" mapping only has the green tick so it will only be set when a new incident is created.
Where is your calculation in all of this?
here is the beginning of our incident process.
in the green box above red circle, where it says "setze Kategorie", we set the category from the alias of the e-mail.
In the green box within the red circle I try to remove this entry from the title:
After dubble clicking on the green box (within the red circle), the incident windows opens:
And there in the control for the title I added the calculation (I posted above).
Thanks for keeping trying to help!
Thanks a lot for that information. I completely misunderstood what you were doing but all is clear now
Looking back at your original post the syntax for doing a regex replace doesn't look right and chances are the calculation is failing because of that. Does it work if you use the "Test Calculation" button in the calculation editor?
Here is a version I just tested successfully:
OldValue = "text to keep#text to lose#" NewValue = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(OldValue, "#.*#", "") return NewValue
I have been on holidays. That's why I answer this late.
I tried your formular, but I get this error message via e-mail:
Die Prozess-ID 2 für den Prozess LOH Services Incident 3.1 war ungültig.
The process-D 2 for process LOH Services Incident 3.1 was invalid.
And yes, now I tested my formular and it did not work.
Your formular works in the test, but produces the e-mail message above.
Sorry for confusion:
my error e-mail: Die Prozess-ID 2 für den Prozess LOH Services Incident 3.1 war ungültig.
had another reason.
I use your formular now and it works fine!