5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 3:38 AM by sprooney

Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure

sprooney Apprentice

Hi All,

wonder if someone can help me... currently using 7.6.1 and looking at the service catalogue within web access.

We're currently looking at building up a service catlagoue but at the moment we are having a bit of trouble with the tree structure which lists the available services.  It appears to hide services that the logged in user has subscribed to.  This functionality would normally be fine but we are presenting our service catalogue for informational purposes in the first instance and as such we would like to display all services all the time.

Can anyone tell me what the query is that populates the tree structure down the left hand menu?  I've taken a good look through our queries and filters but I'm not sure I've found the right one... I also need to be careful it's not being used elsewhere in the database.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

• 1. Re: Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure
          ITSMMVPGroup

I think you just need to publish all the services to a role everyone can see or to everyone using the service catalogue module in Console

• 2. Re: Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure
            Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

Do you get anything at all or is it blank?  If you get items as SA and not anyone else, Dave is right in that you need to publish items out.  If you get nothing at all, it could be that your web framework is not looking at the catalog files.  To verify, go to your web server and look in the ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk folder and find your WebAccess Framework.  Open the tps.config file and look for the FreeTextSearchIndexPath line.  If it says localhost, odds are you looking at the wrong location.  You will need to share out your C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk\ServiceDesk.Framework folder.  Once shared, copy the share path and update the <add key="FreeTextSearchIndexPath" value="share_path_here" /> to include that share.

https://community.landesk.com/support/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/31254-102-1-65524/ServiceCatalog.pdf

• 3. Re: Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure
              sprooney Apprentice

Hi Gents,

all of these services are published and to the appropriate roles.

Currently we have all of these services avaialble but through a gadget full of links to process templates, they are all dynamic forms presenting system registration forms.  Within these system registration forms it has been designed that when you have already registered for a system then you will not be able to select your name and try to re-register and I think it may be this that is filtering on the Service Catalogue now.  Unfortunately I didn't set this functionality up, I may get in touch with support to see if they can help me un pick.

For example we have 3 administrators who are set up with the exact same roles and groups.  Each of us see slightly different services within the service catalogue and the ones that we don't see seem to be the ones we are already subscribed to.  I wasn't sure if this was some sort of default / out the box functionality or if it was something a consultant initially set up when first setting up our system.

Hopefully that might clarify?

Thanks for the advice.

Steve

• 4. Re: Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure
                John Stuart-Robson Employee

Hi Steve,

Are the services missing, services that are Request Once?  That's the only thing I can think of that might prevent them from being visible.

Thanks

John

• 5. Re: Query / Filter Behind Service Catalgoue Tree Structure
                  sprooney Apprentice

Hi John,

They sure are - and afetr a discussion with yourself it woudl appear that if they remain as request once there is no way around them being hidden if you have subscribed.

I'll need to look at this in a different way.

Cheers,

Steve