2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 1:24 PM by MrGadget

Lenovo X131e Problem Provisioning

MrGadget Expert

Using Landesk 9.5 SP2.

Using a Provisioning template and HII I can deploy a  image to a Lenovo X131e Notebook until it gets to CTOS. On rebooting during CTOS it blue screens with a message "can't find autochk".

I checked and all the partitions are there, the correct one is active and bootable. Any help would be appreciated.

One other note here is this is the first Lenovo I have dealt with all other computers are Dells.

• 1. Re: Lenovo X131e Problem Provisioning
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

That sounds like a problem with the image. Did you use the image the machine shipped with, or an existing one? What about the BIOS - is it set to UEFI or "Legacy"? If you manually install Windows from DVD/USB does it install? What about using that image? If that all looks good, perhaps just the boot record isn't set right. Even with a volume set active, Windows sometimes needs and extra step. A possible test would be to reboot the machine and load it into WinPE, but don't run any template. Open a command prompt and run "bcdboot.exe <PATHTOWINDOWS>". For example bcdboot.exe C:\Windows. Then reboot the machine and see if it goes better. If that works, then you can just add that action to your Provisioning template.

More info about bcdboot: BCDboot Command-Line Options

• 2. Re: Lenovo X131e Problem Provisioning
            MrGadget Expert

We used the image that came from the factory, it has 3 partitions. The image was Sysprepped before capture,

The bios is set to uefi. I think it was tried using legacy also.

I booted it to Winpe and ran the bcdboot but that didn't help either.

Also someone in the forum had one and suggested using a /t in the imageing line but that didn't work either.