1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 11:48 AM by bcstring

How to build PXE server use for deploy image and how much requirement (cpu

Rookie

Dear Support

Good day...

Kindly, in need install (landesk PXE server) i read on the web site must two service working :-

1- LANDesk PXE Service (pxesvc.exe).

2- LANDesk PXE MTFTP Service (pxemtftp.exe) .

but i don't have the program for PXE server and how to configure it ,can you help me for two qustion below :-

* if i deploy win 7 for 20 pc at the same time ,what is the best Requirement for LANDesk PXE representative (Computer or Virtual server) from (CPU & Ram & Hard ) ?

* can i install LANDesk PXE representative on virtual server or it must seperate computer ? , we installed landesk core server on virtual server 

B.R

Haider Ahmed

• 1. Re: How to build PXE server use for deploy image and how much requirement (cpu
          bcstring SupportEmployee

The PXE Representative is a very light install and does not use much in the way of resources at all. I have seen issues in some network where if they have a group of machines trying to hit it at the exact same time some of the machines will not properly resolve the PXE Rep as it will be to busy to respond to all the requests at once. So staggering booting up the devices is preferable.

You can install the PXE Representative on a VM if desired, just make sure the Network is setup so that VM has its own network connection that is not inside of a NAT.

Let us know if there is anything else.