3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 10:35 PM by vishalmajmudar

service Wavelink Avalanche Enterprise Server (eserver.exe) crash at startup

Rookie

eserver.exe_error.pngeserver.exe_error_detail.pngavalancheSE_version.pngHi,

Cause datacenter migration, I have moved (by cloning) the virtual Avalanche SE server (4.9.0.75) in a new vmware infrastructure.

The new Avalanche server was renamed and ip addr changed.

All wavelink services starts and stay running except "Wavelink Avalanche Enterprise Server". Manual start of this service fail after few seconds with the error you can see in attached screenshot.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Paolo

• 1. Re: service Wavelink Avalanche Enterprise Server (eserver.exe) crash at startup
          nrasmussen SupportEmployee

I hope you ran a Avalanche backup prior to migration.  If you did you can uninstall 4.9 and then reinstall, then restore the backup.

This isn't a problem I have seen so you would need to create a case to track this issue.

Regards,

Nick

• 2. Re: service Wavelink Avalanche Enterprise Server (eserver.exe) crash at startup
            Rookie

Hi Nick,

the server where I have the problem, is an image of the producion server (it works fine).

The only difference is the new avalanche server is hosted on a different vmware host in a different datacenter.

So name and IP was changed.

I don't know if these changes may cause the problem.

The node lock code can be se same on cloned server?

Is the node lock code related to some server characteristics?

When migrated server will work fine, the source server will be dismount.

If there are no other ways to restart the server, I'll operate as you suggested.

Regards

Paolo

• 3. Re: service Wavelink Avalanche Enterprise Server (eserver.exe) crash at startup
              Apprentice

At my company we have done a similar exercise in the past. We converted the physical Avalanche 4.8 server (both D and E) to VM servers. The following process was followed:

1. Take a backup of the current system just in case.

2. Perform a physical to virtual (p2v) conversion of the D server on night 1.

3. Turn off the physical server. Rename the new VM D server to the old physical's computer name and also provide it the same IP.

4. On night 2 (allowing a week in between to settle any unknowns), perform a P2V of the E Server.

5. Turn off the physical E and provide the new VM with same name and IP. There was no node lock issue,

However you have a limitation of not using the same IP being in a different datacenter.