2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 6:53 AM by alanhi

Is there a video that shows how LANDesk integrates with Active Directory?

Rookie

Especially looking for how to take an msi and use LANDesk to publish the application installation via Active Directory Groups or GPO.  There was a video that included the information a few months ago but cannot find it now.  New role being assigned to me to find out how to do this using LANDesk.

Thank you,

Alan

• 1. Re: Is there a video that shows how LANDesk integrates with Active Directory?
          bcstring SupportEmployee

Alan,

Do you just need to target your MSI deployment to an LDAP Group? If so...

1. In the Management Suite Console, Under Network View, right-click on Directory and select "Manage Directory".
          2. Click "Add", Enter the name of your LDAP server and credentials. Click OK. Click Close
          3. Expand Directory, expand the server added, expand Browse Directory.
          4. Locate the group or user you would like to target using LDAP.
          5. Right-click on the group and select "New Query..."
          6. If you would like to test the query please do so, click Save and name the query. Click Save and then Close.
          7. Go back to Directory, expand "Saved Queries"
          8. Locate your query and drag and drop it onto the task you'd like to target to the query.
          9. Start the task.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bryce.

• 2. Re: Is there a video that shows how LANDesk integrates with Active Directory?
            Rookie

That is a way to do it and I appreciate your showing the steps.  When I watched the video several months ago, the demonstrator right-clicked on I think a distribution package and the option to publish in Active Directory was right there, which we are missing.