Name resolution issues are generally the problem here. You can try an agent config that has the server name as a FQDN or for testing you could set the server name as the IP address.
MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation
LANDESK One Development Partner
The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements
Originally, the agent was set to the FQDN. I tried with just the IP of the core, but same situation. After it tries to send the scan file to the core, it comes back with "Status from core = HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable"
I have another Mac that I was unable to push the agent to, but after manual install, is giving the same errors in the log. I have 2 others that I was able to push the client to and have it report without a problem. Looking over their network configurations, directory bindings, naming etc, I can find no differences in the ones that report and the ones that don't. It doesn't seem that this would be a core side issue since some report and some don't.
I am concerned about rolling out the new version to existing Mac agents as there is heightened interest in getting LANDESK to do more on the Macs in our organization.
Thanks for your help.
I am having this exact problem with a handful of macs here. 90 or so work fine, but these few do not. I have tried reinstalling the agent to no avail. Has anyone found a solution?
Open Terminal on the Mac and run
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/ldiscan -s -e
Pay attention to the last couple of lines in the Terminal window, it’ll give the status as to whether the core server accepted (201) or why it was rejected such as in the 503 example below.
May 9 10:09:37 ldscan <Info>: Sending scan file to server: LDSERVER.ldlab.org
May 9 10:12:07 ldscan <Info>: Status from core = HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Typically, the problem is related to DNS. Make sure you can ping the name of the device listed in the "sending scan file to server." You can also manually add in the DNS name for the server to the Mac to just test. Do that by running:
sudo nano /etc/hosts and add in the name/IP combo and try the manual scan again.
Anyways, once you know what the http error is, it'll help you better troubleshoot.
Yeah it is a 503 error:
May 19 14:40:28 ldiscan <Info>: Scanning for Custom Data.
May 19 14:40:28 ldiscan <Info>: Error writing to the baseline file..
May 19 14:40:28 ldiscan <Info>: Closing scan file
May 19 14:40:28 ldiscan <Info>: Sending scan file to server: ourcorserver
May 19 14:40:29 ldiscan <Info>: Status from core = HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
May 19 14:40:29 ldiscan <Alert>: Failed to send scan file to server.
May 19 14:40:29 ldiscan <Critical>: Temp file deleted.
May 19 14:40:29 ldiscan <Info>: Scanning done.
May 19 14:40:29 ldiscan <Critical>: Releasing the lock on ldscan.
also I noticed this at the top (redacted core name)
May 19 14:39:45 ldiscan <Critical>: Connected to the core server "ourcoreserver".
May 19 14:39:45 ldiscan <Info>: Getting core server preferences.
May 19 14:39:46 ldiscan <Error>: Download of the new LDAppl3.ini file failed.
I can ping both the FQDN and the netbios name of the core from the mac just fine.
503 translates into "The Application pool probably ran out of resources & didn't respond". So you may need to up the resources / recycle period (Microsoft's default recycle time is set to 29 hours - which is pretty atrocious in most cases).
As a "quick fix" to get you running, running (as admin) "iisreset" on the Core should get IIS back into behaving like you need it to.