6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 3:28 AM by lokeshkumarn

For a single Roll up  Core Server how many core server is possible to add

Apprentice

For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add  and how many  additional console and web console can be added

• 1. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
          Employee

First off you need to have multiple Core server to use a Roll-UP core.  What are you really trying to ask?

• 2. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
            Apprentice

Actually i dont know the usage of Roll up core

i know it gathers data  from multiple core servers

I misunderstood and posted the  earlier question

I want to know the usage of  roll up core server and i also wanted know

what is the minimum number of core servers can be added to that roll up core

what is the minimum number of web console can a core server contain and maximum number also(management suite console also)

• 3. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Your questions don't make a lot of sense...

... the minimum of WebConsoles a Core (rollup or "normal") can run is - well - "one" (duh). Nothing magical here :).

... the minimum number of Core's that can be added to a Roll-up is "one". You don't HAVE to have 5 Cores roll up.

Though I'd ask questions about why you'd want to roll up a single Core?

As for the Maximum - well that depends on the hardware resources. WebConsole is essentially IIS - depending on how many resources you're going to throw at IIS (and depending on how much data there is) you could have dozens of Consoles open ... though the Rollup isn't meant to be a "wide availability" server.

If this is about speccing a server up hardware wise, there's a decent guideline in this document:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2356

What exactly are you trying to do? It may be easier to explain to us what you're trying to acheive, because the questions in this thread hint towards there being a few misunderstandings. If we know what you're actually trying to get DONE, we may be able to help more effectively.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 4. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
                Apprentice

I want to know the exact definition of

What is roll-up core server,core server,rollup database and i also wanted to know the usage of it.

• 5. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
                  phoffmann SupportEmployee

It's really not that difficult - see the attached picture I've scribbled up on the quick.

Say you have a multinational company, with the following (the numbers are arbitrary)

Northern Americas -- 10,000 nodes total

Europe - 20,000 nodes total -- this should be split up over 2 Core's, as 10,000 is a good limit for a single Core.

Asia/Pacific - 5,000 nodes total

So this gives us 3-4 Servers (3 if we were to assume that EMEA's 20,000 nodes are on a single Core // 4 if we assume that EMEA has split it's 20,000 nodes over 2 Cores).

Now - you have "all that information" of your large organisation ... but split on different servers. You can't get a bird's eye view on it.

So - that's what the Rollup does ... the Rollup collects most of the information from the various Cores centrally, and serves as the primary enterprise-wide reporting tool.

As of 8.7, with the introduction of the Global Scheduler, the Rollup Core can also push tasks down (it used to be a one-way system of just collecting data beforehand) - where you can configure packages/tasks on the Rollup, and schedule those against clients - and the Rollup will take care to schedule the appropriate information to the correct Cores without you having to do anything.

As you see - quite simple.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 6. Re: For a single Core Server how many rollup core server is possible to add
                    Apprentice

Thanks Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!phoffmann