2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 3:31 PM by jaericho

Email on phone setup

jaericho Apprentice

I'm having a heck of a time getting email setup on a phone (iPhone, iOS 8.0.2)

We're running Exchange 2007, LDMS 9.5 SP2, LDMO 9.6, LD CSA (all patches). I'm confused as to what the exchange payload will point to for the server. The CSA? That is the only thing exposed to the outside. Or do I point the payload to the inside exhcange address and the CSA/Core server figure it out?

I have pushed other payloads (wifi) to the phone and they do work, so that part is functioning.

• 1. Re: Email on phone setup
          SupportEmployee

You should point the payload to your exchange server address. Just treat it the same way you would if you were manually creating a profile on your device/s.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Email on phone setup
            jaericho Apprentice

It turns out that I was confused as to the nature of the landesk gateway. I thought the gateway (CSA) was going to function like a proxy for our exchange server. Our current MDM has an appliance that does something similar. But that's not the case with the gateway. Currently, our exchange isn't accessible to the outside, so obviously it wasn't going to work.