4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 2:39 AM by elkum

Business object not available for creating shortcut

elkum Apprentice

Hi there,

First of all, I started with LDSD a few weeks ago.

I created a business object in "Incident Management", added some attributes and created a window / form. Now, I want to create a process and a shortcut in my shortcut group. In the process designer --> Incident Management, I do not have a subfolder named like my business object. I also can not create a shortcut because my business object is not listed in the dropdown menu under Step 3. In Step 2 I choose Incident Management and in Select Component I take "Workspace".

I think I forget something while creating the business object. Any tips?

Regards

elkum

• 1. Re: Business object not available for creating shortcut
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Generally you add a process, so your new business object needs to be linked into the process for you to use it.  If you want to create a simple form that just stores information without a process being linked, I'd look at creating your object as a configuration item.  WebDesk then allows you to add a shortcut with this business object.  Run that, fill in the form and save and the data will be retained.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Business object not available for creating shortcut
            elkum Apprentice

Thank you but this is not the solution I am looking for.

I found it... I need to set the "Is Process?" attribute of the object to true but it is only read-only. Is it not possible to make changes to "Is Process?" ?

• 3. Re: Business object not available for creating shortcut
              Stu McNeill Employee

Hi,

Each module only has one process object and this can't be changed.  For instance the Incident Management module has the Incident object, the Request Management module has the Request object, etc.

You can create multiple processes on each of these objects to give flexibility on running different types of incidents, requests, etc.  We also give you the option to clone a module to create a whole new process object for anything we don't already provide modules for.  For instance you could create "Asset Lifecycle Management", "Facilities Management", etc.  Cloning modules requires some help from LANDESK or a partner so you'd need to speak to your sales contact about that.  However 95% of the time people leverage the existing modules and create new processes for the existing objects.

Perhaps you could provide some information on what it is you're trying to build?

• 4. Re: Business object not available for creating shortcut
                elkum Apprentice

Hi Stu,

"Each module only has one process object and this can't be changed." <-- I didn't know that, so I will use these objects, too.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

elkum