2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 2:02 PM by Laurie.Borlase

Telnet CE 7.3 RFID on MC3190Z

Rookie

Hello

I have 3 new MC3190Z with TelnetCE 7.3 installed.  I am adding the VT220 instructions to the server to capture the tags read.

All of the TelnetCE RFID configuration options are at the defaults except for:

RFID Insert Mode is set to 'When Detected"

I send Esc("$C") to the reader to clear the tag memory

I send Esc("$1;0R")  to enable the reader and not request a reply.

I then wait for the reader to reply with the tag information

The user pulls the trigger and starts scanning..  The reader replies with the 24 character hex tag information as the tags are read.

How do I sense when the user has released the trigger so I can start processing?

Thank you

Laurie Borlase.

• 1. Re: Telnet CE 7.3 RFID on MC3190Z
          cachilli SupportEmployee

Hello,

You wont be able to do this from with in TE as far as I know.. That might be a better question for the device manufacturer.. what is it that you are trying to accomplish if you knew this?

• 2. Re: Telnet CE 7.3 RFID on MC3190Z
            Rookie

cachilli

After I send the escape code to the TELNETCE session to arm the RFID scanner in the terminal, the user will pull the trigger and start scanning the cases.  They may scan 2 RFID tags or 200 tags.  The emulator transmits the tag information as the new tags are found.  I need to know when they are done scanning to start processing the tags.

In the programs we have written for the local terminals, we see the HandHeldEvent return Trigger_Pressed or Trigger_Released values

Is there a method to have TELNETCE send these events when the trigger is pressed or released?

Laurie Borlase