2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 7:58 AM by Makke

LDMG: no service level connections

Apprentice

Hello,

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the LDMG and making it work.

After a few weeks of strugling I've managed to post a certificate from our test lab core to the LDMG. The problem was caused by an over enthousiatic network security policy and a NIC that officially is supported, but doesn't work. So, now I was looking forward to finally get a client to connect through the LDMG. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to work.

I checked the connections from and to the LDMG. I found out that I cannot reach the core server from the LDMG. I asked the network administrator to look into this.

I was wondering if the fact that I don't have any Service Level Connections could be caused by the LDMG not being able to connect to the core server? If so, I could be on the right track. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

P.S. Using LDMS 8.8 and LDMG ISO 8.7.

• 1. Re: LDMG: no service level connections
          Employee

The gateway only needs to reach out to the licensing server and to smtp (if you've configured alerts). Everything else is inbound to the gateway.

Two troubleshooting tips - first, I'd try disabling the gateway's firewall temporarily, and second I'd try a one-nic configuration. The two nic configs are useful for bandwdith increase, but not required.

• 2. Re: LDMG: no service level connections
            Apprentice

puercomal,

I found my problem. Both you're conditions were allready met.

The problem was that I didn't configure the Additional Host Names in the LDMG webconsole. When I did, I have 6 service leve connections. This part seems to be working as I now can connect to both the LDMG and core server.

Now for my next challenge: getting a certificate.

Thanks for your help.

Mark