2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 1:35 PM by rpeinert

HII problems w/ Dell Precision M6800

rpeinert Rookie

Hi all,

Got our first Dell M6800 laptop in this week, am getting Win7 x64 drivers prepped for OSP with HII....downloaded the latest Dell enterprise driver pack for this model, imported into the driver library, assigned the needed drivers.

For whatever reason, when attempting OSP, HII just will not download two specific driver files...one's not terribly important, the Dell touchpad driver (specifically the file DellTPAD.exe) and the Centrino Untimate N drivers, which are much more important (netwsw00.sys specifically).    I just cannot determine why these two specific files aren't able to be downloaded....I have tried UNC as well as HTTP, I can manually download both files either way, but HII doesn't seem to be able to.

HIIclient.log doesn't seem to indicate any problems other than the failed DISM command at the end, return code 2.   The files are listed in the list of files to be downloaded

Setupapi.offline.log shows the following errors for each file...

!!!  flq: Error installing file (0x00000002)

!!!  flq: Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

!    flq:      SourceFile   - 'c:\Windows\LDDriverStore\M6800-win7-A05-DPCCC\M6800\win7\x64\input\323GH_A00-00\win7x64\production\Windows7-x64\DellTPad.exe'

!    flq:      TargetFile   - 'c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\apfiltr.inf_amd64_neutral_8c7ba743a1167e82\DellTPad.exe'

!!!  sto: Failed to copy file 'c:\Windows\LDDriverStore\M6800-win7-A05-DPCCC\M6800\win7\x64\input\323GH_A00-00\win7x64\production\Windows7-x64\DellTPad.exe' to 'c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\apfiltr.inf_amd64_neutral_8c7ba743a1167e82\DellTPad.exe'. Error = 0x00000002

!!!  flq: SPFQNOTIFY_COPYERROR: returned SPFQOPERATION_ABORT.

!!!  flq: Error 995: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

!!!  flq: FileQueueCommit aborting!

!!!  flq: Error 995: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

!!!  sto: Failed to copy driver package to 'c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\apfiltr.inf_amd64_neutral_8c7ba743a1167e82'. Error = 0x00000002

!!!  sto: Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0x00000002

Checking that source location, the file is in fact not there....I assume that means it was never downloaded from the driver store.   So....what else should I look at to find out why?   I am really stumped.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: HII problems w/ Dell Precision M6800
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

If the file isn't in the LDDriverStore location, then you can look in the HIIClient log to see if it attempted to download the file and failed, or it didn't attempt to download the file. Is it detecting the device, and downloading most of the files, and missing some? Are those files in the original driver repository on the Core or other server? If you look through the HIIClient log it will indicate the files that it is downloading and for what devices. Does the device in question appear there? You might also be able to see some information by using the /preview switch on HIIClient.

You mentioned that you assigned the needed drivers. What happens if you don't do any assignments, and just let the detection work? Does it get different drivers? More or fewer drivers? Cause other problems? This might be something that you should open a case for to do some specific investigation on your issue and/or driver.

• 2. Re: HII problems w/ Dell Precision M6800
            rpeinert Rookie

I have done a little more troubleshooting....

We have Dell drivers for a number of models....I tend to assign themost important drivers manually, because we have had cases where HII autodetect ends up pulling a similar older or newer driver driver intended for a different model or hardware revision.   99% of the time this is not a problem, but I have had occasional problems problems, so I got in the habit.

I decided to let autodetect do its magic to see what happens with the m6800.    It pulled down a latitude 6440 drivers for much of the hardware...so its from different driver package entirely, one I downloaded months ago.   Both the touchpad and centrino drivers failed again, on the same file names!    So that was really unexpected, and doesn't make much sense to me.   I need to find a 6440 I can reimage and see why I never had an HII failure with those drivers previously...maybe my 6440s just don't have that particular hardware.   Stay tuned for more when I am able...