1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 3:51 PM by phil.ottesen

Inventory for Internet Explorer Plugins

dgaines Apprentice

I have been asked to verify the existence of 2 ocx files in our environment.  I found this entry regarding inventorying for other file types:  Re: Scan for a specific file and return file path?.   It looks kind of like what I want, but it states that OCX files are ignored by the inventory scanner.  Can anyone verify this for me? I did go ahead and add those to the scanned files list on both my 9.5 SP2 and 9.6 cores but I didn't get any information back with some test scans I ran.   The two files I am looking for are put out by Oracle as part of their Enterprise One software.`  Their file names are jdeexpimpU.ocx and jdewebctlsU.ocx if that matters at all.  If inventory doesn't work, I can go the custom vulnerability route, but I wanted to make sure before I went that route.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Inventory for Internet Explorer Plugins
          SupportEmployee

1.On 9.5 you need to add .ocx to the scan extensions by modifying the ldappl3.template

2. on the console in Manage Software List add the file name(s) in files>to be scanned, and the file(s) will show up in inventory under software>package.

3. In the icon bar of the Software License Monitoring plugin, click the  Make Available to Clients icon.

4. Run a Full Sync scan on the client

On 9.6

1. On the console in the Manage Software List>settings add .ocx  to ScanExtensions.

2. Add the file name(s) in files>to be scanned, and the file(s) will show up in inventory under software>package.

3. In the icon bar of the Software License Monitoring plugin, click the  Make Available to Clients icon.

4. Run a Full Sync scan on the client