7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2008 10:28 AM by evv_appdude30

LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?

Rookie

I've extensively searched here and using Google, but can't seem to find a recent and accurate listing of command line switches to use with packages built with LANDesk Package Builder.  I've created an EXE (onefile) but am installing this pre-gina, so I want to suppress the reboot until the script completes (I have a text file that accomplishes this at end of script), and don't want it asking the user for input.  If I had my 'druthers, I'd also make it a silent install (no interface showing).  Can anyone on here help me out?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
          zman Master

If you are running the PB package within LANDesk then the delivery method you choose control the UI, reboot, etc... options.  If running outside of LANDesk then use this doc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
            Rookie

This document is more complete than a similar one I found. However, the switch to not ask user about the reboot, just to silently install and NOT reboot, didn't seem to be there. I'll experiment with some of the switches, may have to resort to a more manual process. The installation is hairy: IBM Lotus Sametime 8 client, migrating the settings from Sametime 7 client, uninstalling Sametime 7, activating the SSO component, then somehow creating a directory on the Windows user profile, editing an XML file with the Notes ID, then copying the XML to the newly created folder, and rebooting. I've got it working through the SSO component prompting for reboot using my LDPB exe file, may have to use the messy command line that didn't prompt for a reboot.

Thanks for the input, and God Bless!

• 3. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

To be honest, something of THAT complexity is far better served with a batch-file.

Package Builder is a relatively simple tool, and not that easy to control - whereas a batch is far easier to control (esp. with SDCLIENT) ... I would suggest you revise or at least examine that particular avenue - your nerves should thank you for it I think :).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 4. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
                zman Master

Yep, batch autoitscript, etc... PB is not really being developed and it pretty much dead.

The switches you are looking for are 

/An = Silent
                /N  = No reboot 
                So /An /N

• 5. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
                  Rookie

Thanks, Paul.  That was the way I was leaning, and in fact was incorporating the EXE inside a batch file anyway.  I've scrapped the original EXE and am back to the command line for the install and migrate settings, then going to work on a simple uninstall package to include to the batch file, before tackling the next major steps (create a directory, edit an XML and copy it into the new directory).

Erick Shoup

LAN Analyst

• 6. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
                    Rookie

Thanks, zman!  Those were the switches I was going to try, from reading the previous docs I had found or been directed to.  I've resigned myself to using the command line for each step, and possibly using LDPB for the manual uninstall of Sametime 7 step.  That will leave me with the monumental create directory, edit XML, copy XML steps to go.

Erick

• 7. Re: LANDesk 8.8 Package Builder command line options?
                      Rookie

Update:

I was able to build a package for the uninstall portion successfully. 

The switches I needed to use were as follows:

/An (silent)

/Ai /Ao (no prompt for reboot, and turn off default option to reboot)

/Ah- (do NOT heal, reinstall the package, and do not ask about healing); /Ah+ automatically heals without prompting (that reinstalled the package I uninstalled, counter to my logic in reading the document)

The /N option zman suggested (and seemed to be right by the PDF document) forced an automatic reboot before the batch CMD completed.

The command line I ended up using followed this format: package.exe /An /Ai /Ao /Ah-

Thanks again for the quick and good suggestions to both of you!

Erick