3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 12:37 PM by Brian.Hoffman

Windows client machines are locking out my service account everyday.

Apprentice

Currently I have landesk client machines locking out my landesk scheduler account daily. This started when I upgraded the clients to 9.6. Any clues?

• 1. Re: Windows client machines are locking out my service account everyday.
          Jason SupportEmployee

The only place in the agent config that I can think of of the top of my head, that would have a password is if these are VDI machines and you setup the software monitoring section to write to a unc path and that password is wrong or has expired. To check this you need to look at your inventory setting for your agents you deployed.

Tools > Configuration > Agent settings > Inventory settings

If you need to change simply change that setting to the correct password and then save the setting. If you are using the same ID the next time vulscan runs that change will be pulled down or you can schedule and push that change out your choice.

Jason

• 2. Re: Windows client machines are locking out my service account everyday.
            Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

No client should normally have the Scheduler account. That is used only for the service on the Core Server. It is possible the credentials are being used in Preferred Servers and perhaps clients are attempting to use those to connect to a share or server to get data? I would review the credentials in Preferred Server and Content Replication to make sure that those credentials are not there and replace them with more appropriate accounts.

• 3. Re: Windows client machines are locking out my service account everyday.
              Apprentice

Hi Guys I found the problem a couple of days ago. The problem is was with the Software Monitoring pat of the agent. For some reason the clients were trying to access the share where the files are stored and the credentials were not working. (they were the correct creds... the credentials never change) After deleting and adding in a fake account, deleting it, then adding the original account back in is when the error went away.

1 of 1 people found this helpful