1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 3:51 AM by francesco.baldini

MDM - LDM: Adding folders to Mobility Device Inventory

Rookie

Using LDM 9.5 SP2 - Mobility 9.0.4

Does anyone know how to get folders added/created within the Mobility module in LDM.  I need to be able to separate the Personally allowed devices from the Company provided devices.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

LDM-Mobility-Folders-Needed.png

Thank you

r/

Susan

• 1. Re: MDM - LDM: Adding folders to Mobility Device Inventory
          SupportEmployee

Hello there Susan,

I don't think that the LANDESK Mobility Manager 9.0 can work properly on a 9.5 SP1 or later core.

The architecture of the mobility manager has been dramatically changed with the introduction of the Mobility Manager 9.5, removing the need to have a server installed on-site to manage the mobile devices and adding the same functionality using Avalanche configured in SaaS mode (Avalanche On Demand - AOD)

If you are running a Management Suite 9.5 SP2 or later, you may want to use this version of the Mobility Manager:

LDMO 9.5 SP2 Patch

In general, here are the pre-requisites for the Mobility Manager:

LANDESK Mobility Management Prerequisites

The ability so arrange devices in folders and sub-folders is implemented in AOD.

I'm not even sure if the version combination you are using is officially supported, I guess is not.

If you are not willing to migrate your mobile environment to LDMO 9.5, I'd check this with the LANDESK Technical Support.

Hope this helps

Francesco